We are excited to offer trips in Algonquin Park for the 2021 winter season.
Of course, that means some changes in the way we do things to ensure the safety of our
guests and our staff.
In order to ensure the safety of both our guests and our staff, we will be implementing enhanced operational and sanitation practices in all aspects of our organization based on recommendations from Health Canada, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Ontario Medical Association, and the World Health Organization.
• Until such time as the Canadian border reopens, we are not able to take bookings from guests who reside outside of Canada unless they will be able to complete the 14 day mandatory quarantine in advance of their trip.
For the latest information on international and inter-provincial travel please visit the Government of Canada website. (https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html)
• We will not be accepting any guests who have been in close contact with anyone who has travelled outside of Canada within 14 days of their scheduled trip.
• We will not be able to accommodate single travellers (or uneven group numbers) this season as the sharing of a dog sled and sleeping accommodations require participants to be too close together to ensure best safe practices.
• Guests will be assigned sleep tents based on the people in their immediate group only. Guides will not share tents with guests.
*Guides will be required to enter guest tents in order to ensure safe operation of the wood stove for the duration of the trip both during the day and overnight. As per our fire safety protocol, guests will not be responsible for their own woodstoves.
• Guests will receive a Covid-19 Waiver and Health Declaration a week in advance of their trip. This must be filled in and returned in advance of arrival.
• For the safety of everyone all guests and staff SFA reserves the right to refuse participation to any guest who is displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 upon arrival.
• Guests will be asked to sanitize regularly and keep a safe distance from participants who are not part of their “bubble” or family household. In the instance where staff and participants must be in close proximity to one another face masks will be worn.
• High touch areas will be sanitized regularly and extra safety and sanitation precautions will be made when preparing meals both at camp an in advance of trips.
• We will not be renting any sleeping bags, sleeping pads or parkas this year in an effort to minimize the passing of germs between guests on shared items. Participants will be required to bring their own winter sleeping bag (or two summer bags doubled up) and adequate winter outerwear as per the packing list.
*Sorel Glacier Boots will still be available for rental.
Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
If SFA is required to cancel a booking due to park closure, government mandated shut down, or SFA operational shutdown due to a Covid related safety risk, we will provide a full refund or issue a credit for future trip if you prefer.
In the event that you should need to cancel your trip due to sickness or Covid-19 exposure, we would strongly encourage the purchase of cancellation insurance to cover your costs.
For all other cancellations, please refer to our standard cancellation policy
Have questions about our Covid-19 Safety Protocols and Procedures that are not covered here?
Email us at