We understand that Covid-19 has affected us all in various ways. Snow Forest Adventures wants to ensure that everyone who comes on a trip with us feels safe and understands that we have put protocols in place to minimize the risks associated with Covid-19.
We are looking forward to sharing the magic of winter in Algonquin with you and are working hard to ensure that we can do so in a way that is safe and healthy for our guests, our staff, and of course, our dogs. A huge amount of planning and preparation goes into our trips and the added challenges of Covid-19 safety have made this year is no exception. If there is one thing working with dogs and living in the outdoors has taught us, it's adaptability!
In order to ensure the safety of both our guests and our staff, we will be implementing enhanced operational and sanitation practices in all aspects of our organization based on recommendations from Health Canada, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Ontario Medical Association, and the World Health Organization.
• Until such time as the Canadian border reopens, we are not able to take bookings from guests who reside outside of Canada unless they will be able to complete the 14 day mandatory quarantine in advance of their trip.
• We will not be accepting any guests who have been in close contact with anyone who has travelled outside of Canada within 14 days of their scheduled trip.
• Our areas is considered a "Yellow Zone" (Protect) and we take the health and wellbeing of our community very seriously. Guests will receive a Covid-19 Waiver and Health Declaration a few days ahead of their trip. This must be filled in and returned to us in advance of your arrival.
• For the safety of everyone all guests and staff SFA reserves the right to refuse participation to any guest who is displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 upon arrival.
• We will not be able to accommodate single travellers (or uneven group numbers) this season as the sharing of a dog sled and sleeping accommodations require participants to be too close together to ensure best safe practices.
• Guests will be assigned sleep tents based on the people in their immediate group only. Guides will not share tents with guests. Quite simply, only those who travelled to the trailhead together will bunk together.
*Guides will be required to enter guest tents (with appropriate PPE) in order to ensure safe operation of the wood stove for the duration of the trip both during the day and overnight. As per our fire safety protocol, guests will not be responsible for their own woodstoves.
• Our group sizes will never exceed ten (8 guests, and 2 guides) - which is well below the outdoor gathering limit.
• Guests using the shared kitchen tent in camp must sanitize their hands first and wear an appropriate face covering at all times.
• Guests will be asked to sanitize regularly and keep a safe distance from participants who are not part of their “bubble” or family household. In the instance where staff and participants must be in close proximity to one another face masks will be worn.
• High touch areas will be sanitized regularly and extra safety and sanitation precautions will be made when preparing meals both at camp an in advance of trips.
• We will not be renting any sleeping bags, sleeping pads or parkas this year in an effort to minimize the passing of germs between guests on shared items. Participants will be required to bring their own winter sleeping bag (or two summer bags doubled up) and adequate winter outerwear as per the packing list.
*Sorel Glacier Boots will still be available for rental.
• All food prepared in advance of a trip is is done with strict Covid-19 safety protocols in place. On trip anyone who touches food must first wash their hands with soap and water then sanitize before handling any food. Staff will also wear appropriate face coverings while handling and preparing food.
Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
If SFA is required to cancel a booking due to park closure, government mandated shut down, or SFA operational shutdown due to a Covid related safety risk, we will provide a full refund or issue a credit for future trip if you prefer.
In the event that you should need to cancel your trip due to sickness or Covid-19 exposure, we would strongly encourage the purchase of cancellation insurance to cover your costs.
For all other cancellations, please refer to our standard cancellation policy
Have questions about our Covid-19 Safety Protocols and Procedures that are not covered here?
Email us at